Security is usually given a high priority by large organizations but many smaller companies have a weak security blanket and some companies do not even have that! The most common problem among such businesses is a false sense of security. "Someone configured a firewall for our company" is a common term used. In some instances a company is operating with a direct connection to the internet, for instance a DSL router that offers very limited security capability and is by no means an adequate device to protect a business. We are able to recommend, implement and maintain suitable hardware and/or software security systems that will help protect your business from potential threats. We regularly implement the following security solutions: Firewalls Having your network protected from outside intruders is as essential as locking up the front door of your business. If the firewalling architecture is poorly setup or in some cases nonexistent it might have a significant impact on the business entity.
If an intruder penetrates into your network it could lead to sensitive data being leaked out of your network and in some cases data loss. We support and implement the following firewalls:
• Cisco SPAM SPAM is known as the pest of the eGeneration and most companies experience both financial loss and lost productivity due to inefficient spam protection. Spam floods the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on to people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising, often for dubious products, get-rich-quick schemes, or quasi-legal services.
Some examples of spam protection solutions we support and implement include:
Samatech Computers Ltd MailDefender
• Barracuda Spam Hardware Appliance
• Watchguard SpamScreen
• Cloudmark Server Edition
• Trend Micro Spam Protection
• Symantec Spam Protection To determine the best spam solution for your company we will need to examine your network and propose the package that is most suited to your infrastructure. Most spam solutions can be implemented without any interruption to your business. Spyware In simple terms spyware is a program that becomes installed on a computer and changes settings, displays advertising, and/or tracks Internet behavior and reports information back to a central database. Spyware is sometimes installed unintentionally by users along with other wanted software and can be very hard to remove.
Some examples of spyware protection solutions we support and implement include:
• NetIQ Solutions
• Barracuda Spyware Appliance Antivirus.
Some examples of open and closed source antivirus protection solutions we support and implement include:
• Kaspersky AV
• CA Innoculate
• CA VET
• Trend Micro Audits Initially one of our experienced security consultants will examine and prepare a detailed report about your network infrastructure. A detailed security audit can give your business the peace of mind that everything is as secure as possible. It will point out possible intrusion areas that might be exploited by an external hacker and suggest any improvements that may be required.
Some aspects covered by our security audit and analysis services include:
• Physical Security
• Network Security
• Protocols / Services
• User Security
• Data Storage Security
• System Administration This service is only available to commercial customers.